Identity & Purpose Experiment #3: Take a Personality Quiz
“You know yourself better than anyone.” Or do you? Experts tout “self-awareness” as one of the most crucial qualities in leadership and success, but how can we be sure that we are clearly recognizing all our strengths and weaknesses? When looking inward at yourself, ask, “What do I have to KNOW so that I can GROW?
Lucky for us, I’m not the first person to wonder this question. Countless dollars, experts, and studies have been dedicated to helping us become more self-aware.
In this experiment, take 1 (or ALL) of these personality quizzes to help you learn what truly makes you unique. Learn your “superpowers” and your “kryptonites” so that you can better design a life that suits your strengths and start improving where you lack.
1. The Myers-Briggs Test This series of quizzes evaluates your personality and puts your results in the context of work, learning, relationships and personal growth. (My MBTI type is ENFP. What is yours?)
2. The Four Tendencies Quiz by Gretchen Rubin. This quiz helps you become more aware of the way you respond to expectations, set by both others and by yourself. (I am a Questioner)
3. Mindfulness Quiz How mindful are you in your daily life? Learn where you need to pay more attention in your everyday routines like driving to work and eating lunch.
4. I Just Get Myself See if other people view you the way you view yourself. Self-awareness at its core.
5. Maladaptive Covert Narcissism Scale How much do you think about yourself and your own personal affairs compared to other things? I am VERY much into personal development, and I actually think that it is healthy to be a little bit of a narcissist in your 20’s. In order to lay the foundation for a happy and balanced life, I believe that it is the primary responsibility of your twenties to prioritize yourself. Do you agree or disagree? Still, it’s important to keep perspective and find that balance. This test is especially eye-opening.
The more you know about yourself, the more solid of a foundation you are able to build for a happy future. There is nothing more detrimental to stability than a life built on false perceptions. Which test helped you learn the most about yourself? Have another quiz that you find helpful? Share below in the comments!